I spent a little time this weekend getting down and dirty with my ho. The garden is on it's way to looking better than last year. It's some serious work though getting the big think weeds out of the hard ground. I'm trying to get these out so I can plant clover between my stepping stones and hopefully keeps new weeds at bay. I was able to get my watermelon and corn in their box this weekend, but was brought to a stand still when I found that one of the other boxes has an ant problem. So bummed on that, trying a combination of sugar and borax sprinkled around to get them outta here. If you have a tried and true method, please let me know. Other than that I have a ton of ladybugs... on a ladybug side note... last season I kept throwing out some gross little red and black bugs only to find out the other day they are ladybug larvae! Like I stated in the beginning, this is a learning process for me :)
Here is what the garden is looking like currently. It still looks ghetto and crazy, but you should have seen it Friday... weeds shoulder high- no joke! I'm hoping to add a few more boxes soon.