Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting Back Into It

So, after we have been able to eat some of our hard work, I planted some more seeds yesterday. I know, there is no method to my madness in regards to following the rules of gardening... I just plant when I feel like it and hope it grows. I'm going to call it "Wishful Gardening." I think a lot of beginners garden this way, I just feel comfortable admitting it. So what I planted was beets, zucchini, more onions, Roma tomatoes, basil... and I think that's it for now. I really need to figure out what to do with my two broccoli plants. They are getting huge and out of control. I need to look up how to thin them. 
I'm hoping for Mother's Day, Damin will fund a renovation of the rest of the garden since it was overtaken by weeds, or help me clear them so I can plant my watermelon & pumpkins (which I know I'm late starting). If I was smart I would start the seeds inside today to get them going.
And, as I always promise, I'll post a picture soon. I think I might actually do that today, or at least try to take the picture today.
Happy Spring Everyone!!!

No comments: